ACPI Flash BIOS version 6.20 for Satellite C850D/C855D (PSC9Jx/PSCBQx)
- WinRAR 32-bit self-extracting ZIP file includes both Windows-based and diskette based BIOS update installation options. See the included documentation for details.
- For CD-ROM BIOS updates in Windows 8 models: (1) Shut down the system while pressing the SHIFT key to completely power off. (2) Power on while pressing F2 to enter the BIOS Setup Menu. (3) Go to the Security tab and set the "Secure Boot" setting to "Disabled". (4) Go to the Advanced tab, enter "System Configuration" and set the Boot Mode to "CSM Boot." (5) Press F10 to save and exit. (6) Boot from the BIOS CD-ROM and type FLASH at the C:\ prompt. (7) After the BIOS update has completed, restore the Boot Mode setting to "UEFI Boot" and the Secure Boot setting to Enabled.
- For CD-ROM BIOS updates in Windows 7 models: Type FLASH then press enter at the C:\ prompt.
- For all updates: The BIOS update will force the computer to shut down or restart. Please make sure to save all work in progress before starting BIOS updates.
- Power on the computer if it is off.
- While the "TOSHIBA" logo is displayed, press the F2 function key to start BIOS Setup.
- Check the version of BIOS and press the F9 function key then Enter to load setup defaults.
- Press the F10 function key then Enter to save settings and exit. The computer will automatically reboot.
- Version 6.20 - 2013-01-21
- Fixed: System hangs after settings are changed by TSS.
- Added: CER key for a Smart DE issue.
- Changed: Lid wake up function.
- Updated: VBIOS to BR43950 to support AMD C-die VRAM.
- First release for Windows 8.
- Updated: AMD AGESA.
- Updated: UMA VBIOS.
- Made a change to the VGA INT 10h function call order.
- Initial production release for these models.
- Export Control and EULA
- Use of any software made available for download from this system constitutes your acceptance of the Export Control Terms and the terms in the Toshiba end-user license agreement both of which you can view before downloading any such software.