Thrive Tablet System Image Updates
- Document ID: 98083841
- Posted Date: 2012-02-28
- Last Updated: 2012-02-28
- Distribution: View Public Website
Update Installation Note:
Toshiba recommends you download and install all updates as they are released. An instruction for using the Toshiba Service Station utility can be found in your User’s Guide. Simple installation instructions will be displayed once the update has been selected for download within the Toshiba Service Station utility.
Please connect to AC power and remove SD cards and devices connected through a USB port before initiating the update. The complete install should take 2 to 15 minutes, depending on the type of update. During which time you will be unable to use the tablet. Though it will appear to power off and on as part of the install, Toshiba recommends that you power off your tablet, once the installation has completed, by holding down the power button for approximately 10 seconds. Depending on your log in status at the time, you may be see a prompt asking if you wish to power off your system, either select OK to shutdown, or continue to hold down the power button until the tablet vibrates and powers off. Your tablet may then be powered on and used in the normal manner.
Released Updates and Change Points
4.0.4.01.000072314 (4.04.08.000090513 for Spanish Models) This update provides the user with an OS upgrade to Android version 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) and improves the performance of various device functions. Toshiba recommends you download and install this update.
- Improved Wi-Fi experience
- Enhanced audio and video performance
- Improved camera experience
184.108.40.206.5.0003 (220.127.116.11.5.0003 for Spanish Models, 18.104.22.168.5.0009 for AT&T models) This update optimizes functionality on select utilities and applications from Toshiba and Google. Toshiba recommends you download and install this update.
- Includes updates to Google Mobile Services applications.
- Improves performance capabilities of the Toshiba File Manager application when connecting to external storage devices.
- Corrects errors in the Calculator utility, specifically for some European languages.
- GMS Application Auto Update will be disabled after installation of this release
22.214.171.124.5.0007 First manufacturing system image for AT&T models.
126.96.36.199.5.0002 (188.8.131.52.5.0001 For Spanish Models) This release will update the Android™ platform from version 3.1 to 3.2, adding new features and performance enhancements. Specific changes included in this update:
Enables an improved compatibility mode enhancing the way applications originally designed for smaller screen devices appear and function on the larger tablet display.
- Improves screen rotation acceleration.
- Installation Note- The YouTube and Android Market Widgets may disappear from the home screen after installation of this update due to a change in the application naming convention.
184.108.40.206.0011 This update further enhances the multimedia capabilities of your device by adding support for Google Videos™, the official player for Android Market™ movie rentals. Specific changes included in this update:
- Support for Widevine DRM and HDCP technologies to enable premium video streaming and download services on your device via the Google Videos application.
3.1.01.5.0032 Specific changes included in this update:
- Optimization of LP-DDR2 RAM performance
3.1.08.5.0001 First manufacturing system image for Spanish models.
3.1.01.5.0029 This update generally improves sleep-and-resume performance, as well as enhances the multimedia playback capabilities of this device. Specific changes included in this update:
- Support for playback of DivX/Xvid and .avi WMA/WMA files (compatibility dependent on specific encoding format).
- A patch, released by the chip vender, addressing a Display Controller reset sequence issue.
- Elimination of a race condition when multiple tasks contend for shared memory simultaneously.
- Changes in code supporting the USB host controller to improve performance resuming from sleep mode.
3.1.01.5.0022 Included revision updates to numerous applications bundled into the image
3.1.01.5.0018 First manufacturing system image
- Export Control and EULA
- Use of any software made available for download from this system constitutes your acceptance of the Export Control Terms and the terms in the Toshiba end-user license agreement both of which you can view before downloading any such software.