Invalid VxD Dynamic link call to device number 0005
- Document ID: 94000262
- Posted Date: 1996-08-19
- Last Updated: 1996-08-19
- Distribution: View Public Website
- Applicable Models
Satellite 100CS Satellite 110CS Satellite 110CT Satellite 200CDS Portege 610CT Portege 650CT Portege 660CDT Tecra 500CDT Tecra 500CS Tecra 510CDT Tecra 530CDT Tecra 700CS Tecra 700CT Tecra 710CDT Tecra 720CDT Tecra 730CDT Tecra 730XCDT Tecra 740CDT Satellite Pro 400CDT Satellite Pro 400CS Satellite Pro 415CS Satellite Pro 425CDS Satellite Pro 430CDS Satellite Pro 430CDT
- The information in this article applies to:
- Microsoft Windows operating system versions 3.1, 3.11
- Microsoft Windows for Workgroups versions 3.1, 3.11
When you start Windows, you may receive the following error message:
Invalid VxD dynamic link call to device number 0005, service 0001. Your Windows configuration is invalid. Run the Windows Setup program again to correct this problem.
This error can occur if the following line is missing from the [386Enh] section of the SYSTEM.INI file:
Remove or remark out any reference to third-party virtual timer drivers in the SYSTEM.INI file and then add the following line to the [386Enh] section of the file:
This behavior can occur if the VTDA.386 file that is included with Application Note WW0981 ("Windows 3.11 Refresh Files") is missing or damaged.
- Export Control and EULA
- Use of any software made available for download from this system constitutes your acceptance of the Export Control Terms and the terms in the Toshiba end-user license agreement both of which you can view before downloading any such software.