My TV does not power on
- Document ID: 4009194
- Posted Date: 2016-06-27
- Distribution: View Public Website
If your television does not power on a number of things can cause this condition
- Remote control is non functional
- TV system is locked up and needs to be reset
- TV Input is set to a non active source
- Loss of input signal
See the troubleshooting tips under each of these items to restore your TV back to normal operation
Remote control is non functional
Try pressing the power button on the TV itself to rule out the remote control as the issue.
TV system is locked up and needs to be reset
Unplug the TV from AC wall outlet for 60 seconds then plug back in. Ensure that the AC wall outlet is functional by trying another appliance in the outlet.
TV Input is set to a non active source
With the TV powered on press the input button on the TV to see if there is any activity on the on screen display. If there is on screen display then switch to another fucntional input source.
Loss of input signal
Press the menu button on the TV to see if the menu appears on the TV. If the menu appears change the input source to another know good input by pressing the input button on the TV
If none of the above troubleshooting tips helps:
Try our Toshiba online troubleshooting tool by CLICKING HERE
- Export Control and EULA
- Use of any software made available for download from this system constitutes your acceptance of the Export Control Terms and the terms in the Toshiba end-user license agreement both of which you can view before downloading any such software.